Weight:177 1/4 lbs.
Home town:Burnsville MN
1. How did you get your start in pro wrestling?2 of my friends went to an indy show(MPW) in Owatonna i think it was and met the one and only Sheriff Johnny Emerald. We went to the St.Louis Park camp and tried out. I started training with sheriff and shifty. Then trained with Arik Cannon and I am proud to say that I am his F1RST student!(Kaos Vs Arik Cannon 10/19/2003 MPW)
2. You used to get chants of “umpa lumpa”. Do you think that Johnny Depp was a better Willy Wonka than Gene Wilder?I loved Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka. He was very good in that movie and treated the umpa lumpa's better it seemed. (Cody O'Neill on his way to the ring 6/17/2007 F1rst Wrestling)
3. Who was your favorite pro wrestler before you got into pro wrestling?Like everyone else I was a huge Hogan fan. After I was in the biz guys like muta,marafuji,Chris Daniels, mike modest,Donovan Morgan, and nick dinsmore were a few that I enjoyed. (Cody O'Neill Vs Matt Sydal aka Evan Borne 11/27/2004 MPW)
4. The word “insane” is tattooed on your back. Do you think you have to be insane to be a pro wrestler? Yes I do think that! Barbedwire, light tubes, thumbtacks, and cage matches you tell me! (tattoos 10/25/2004 MPW locker room)
5. You’re the father of a young boy, are there any kids shows you like to watch with him?Everything on Nick Jr. playdate I love. We are both pretty entertained with Spongebob,Pirates trilogy,Batman, and disney/pixar movies. (Cody O'Neill VS V2 aka Ryan Cruz 9/12/2004)
6. Do you remember that one match against Kid Krazy where you got knocked out?Very little but I do. I remember knowing that I got knocked out and getting into the ring again and thinking I could remember all the spots...... Boooooooyyy was I wrong! Word to all wrestlers do not finish that match after getting knocked out just take the count out! (Cody O'Neill VS Kid Krazy 11/14/2004 MPW)
7. Who would you rather be stuck on a deserted island with, Scarlett Johansson, Ashton Kutcher or John Herder? You would at least have something in common with all three as they all have twin siblings like you do.Ashton Kutcher. I just think that he and I would get along great and not have a dull moment even though we would be on a deserted island. Man if that were true my tan would look great. (Cody & Cory O'Neill VS Aaron Corbin 4/4/2009 AWF)
8. You say that you are retiring from pro wrestling soon. Why and what will you miss?I am retiring because I am beat up and I am done putting my body through the pain for such little $$$, it just doesn't make sense. I will miss the boys the most. There are some guys that are a joy to be around and others that are pricks and will never get that the biz is not just about them. I'll miss all my fans especially the kids, kids are what make life go from in the ring and more importantly when I get home and that's the big reason for leaving the biz, no one can pay me enough to spend time away from my son and wife! (O'Neill with fan sign 11/27/2004) Editors note: O'Neill's last match is scheduled for June 19th for F1rst Wrestling at First Ave. His opponent is Arik Cannon.